Low cost, non-exam life insurance for any pre-existing condition!!!
Final Expense
​Lead Strategies:

Making the Right Moves
How would your business benefit from a proven lead strategy?
​​The ultimate aim of a lead strategy is to provide an adequate number of people with whom you can meet to reach your monthly production goal. There are three important points to consider: Monthly Production Goal, Budget, and Base Lead Type. 

1. Identify your monthly production goal​

​​​​​The first thing to establish in creating a lead strategy is the production you want to write on a monthly basis. At the start of your final expense career this goal should be realistic and the probability of you achieving it should be about 75% if you follow a well devised plan. A realistic goal will be based on your selling experience, the amount of money you can invest in purchasing leads and the time you can commit to working the business. An experienced upline can give you guidance in these areas. Your goal must also be sustainable, which means you should be able to repeat it every month.

​​​2. Budget 15%-20% of your monthly goal for lead expense

You must know what to expect from an investment in leads. As a general rule, plan to spend about 15% to 20% of your monthly goal on leads. So if you plan on writing $10,000 of monthly premium, expect to spend $1,500 to $2,000 each month. Let’s look at what you can get for that investment in direct mail leads. Let’s assume that you can do five, 1000 piece mail drops and you receive a 1% return. That will yield you 50 leads. A 1% return indicates that the lead card probably is somewhat unclear that a life insurance product, with a monthly cost is involved. Given this, you can expect to close about 25% of the leads you receive. A few appointments will yield an application on a husband and a wife. This will yield about 15 applications at an average monthly premium of $60, which is an annual premium of $720 and a total annual premium of $10,800 for all 15 applications. Assuming your commission is 100% of the annual premium, you will be advanced 75% of the $10,800 annual premium and receive $8,100 upfront. Subtracting your lead cost will net $6,100. The remaining 25% of your commission will be received in month 10, 11 and 12 on an “as earned basis”. Learn to run the numbers on any lead type you expect to purchase.

3. Identify and set up a recurring order of your base lead type

​The base lead is the lead type that you will buy on a weekly or monthly basis. You’ll setup a recurring order of this lead type to always keep them coming in. This is critical to your success. Results for any lead type will vary on a short term basis, even for your established base lead type. This variation should not affect the number of these leads you order. They have been proven to work for you and others. What you will change are the demographics or criteria used to order the leads. Zip codes, age, income and health are parameters that may be adjusted to affect differences in the leads you receive.

​Have you considered the rate of return for a given lead type?

​​When choosing a base lead strategy you must consider the rate of return for a given lead type in the area where you will be working. Direct mail returns will vary between 0.5% and 1.5% based on what region of the country is to be worked. The Southeastern part of the country will be on the lower end while the Northeast will be on the higher end. Larger metropolitan areas will have greater numbers of internet leads available. Based on an evaluation of lead availability in your area your base may consist of more than one lead type. To achieve a sustainable lead flow you may use a combination of lead types such as direct mail and telemarketing. Make sure your base lead types are available in quantities that maintain consistent lead flow and maximize your lead dollar

​FLIG Leads
will give you an overview of our lead types.
Rate this article

(C) 2014 Family Life Insurance Group, LLC
404.233.FLIG (3544)
Affordable Life Insurance
Critical Illness
Retirement Planning